In Ely, you can learn about wolves while watching a live pack. Browse through the outfitters, nibble a luscious caramel roll, and discover shops known for fine crafts and north country art. A day's adventure nearby might include a scenic flight in a pontoon plane, a hike to an abandoned wolf den, golf, tennis, or an underground iron mine tour.
- International Wolf Center: see its live wolf cams. Visit and watch a pack of six wolves, then tour the award-winning Wolves and Humans exhibit, Little Wolf children's activity room, and the Wolf Den store.
- Fire danger: up-to-the-minute reports on the Ely and Boundary Waters areas. See photos of the July 2005 fire on nearby Ripple Island.
- DNR Fish information: see details from an unimpeachable source about Lake Burntside fish.
- Rook maps and descriptions: a great resource for planning a canoe trips.
- Lake Water Quality Database: check the famous clarity of Lake Burntside, past and present.
- Check Ely air quality (updated daily), and compare it with the Twin Cities.
- North American Bear Center: learn the status of this new center; information on black bears.
- Ely: explore the town.
- Weather: current information.
- Live webcam: To see Sheridan Street, go to the top navigation bar-->View
Ely-->Live Webcams-->Sheridan Street. On the thumbnail photo, be sure to use the "click here to enlarge" feature for a better look.