Camp Van Vac
Camp Opens May 9th!
NEWS UPDATE from Camp Van Vac
April 28, 2020
Greetings from your cabin in the woods. I hope you are all doing well.
GOOD NEWS is that beginning on May 9, Camp will be ready to receive guests, just in time for fishing opener. Folks can travel after the state’s stay-at-home order lifts on May 4. Meanwhile, our crew is at work to get cabins, boats and the Great Outdoors ready for you.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
To keep you all safe at Camp, we request that you continue with the usual six-foot-distance rule from anyone not in your party. A few reminders of what that will mean at Camp until further notice.
- The usual gathering spaces will be closed: Sauna, yurt, and wi-fi cabin. You can still get wi-fi in the parking area.
- Some spaces can be used one-party-at-a-time: Camp’s office, store (no pop machine, though), and fish cleaning house.
To help keep everyone safe:
- Please bring your own blankets and pillows, since there’s no time for us to wash ours between guests. Sheets will be provided.
- Please bring your own books, puzzles, and games.
- Please, before you leave, wash with soap and hot water any pots, silver, and dishes you have used in the cabin.
We’ll disinfect cabin surfaces between visitor stays.
To help keep Ely safe from the virus:
- Please do as much of your shopping at home before coming.
- Be sure to wear masks when you go into Ely to shop or visit.
Stay tuned for further updates. As former Chief of Staff Donald Rumsfeld once noted, there are unknowns and unknown unknowns. We’ll try to stay alert to them. And mosquitoes.
Be safe, and we’ll look forward to seeing you.