Camp Van Vac
News & Updates Blog
How to Prep for your Camp Vacation
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.
Here are a few notes that will help you prepare for coming to Camp.
- Please bring sleeping bags or blankets and pillows, since we don't have time to wash them between guests. We will provide sheets.
- Bring masks to wear in Camp's office and when you go into Ely.
- When you check in, we'll introduce you to the shower schedule. Each cabin can have up to two shower sessions a week.
- If you plan to bathe in the lake, please bring all biodegradable soaps and other products.
- Remember to stay six feet away from others not in your party, even when you are on the beach or in the lake.
- Because of social distancing requirements some areas/items will not be available: Sauna, yurt, wifi cabin (tho you can get coverage in the yard), rafts.
If you are from Minnesota, you have probably seen the governor's guidelines:
Everyone can work to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Wear masks when in public. 10-50% of virus carriers are asymptomatic, wearing masks helps control the virus and has been shown to lower COVID-19 spread.
- Avoid enclosed spaces with groups of people, where the virus can linger in the air for long periods of time.
- Get tested if you have cold or flu-like symptoms - Find testing locations.
- Stay six feet away from others.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or sleeve, or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom or before eating. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth – with unwashed hands.
- Up-to-date guidance is available from the Department of Health.
Thank you for helping us all to stay healthy.